After your treatment, your expert Lash Perfect, Hi Brow and Brow Perfect Microblading will give you all the aftercare advice you need, however, if you’d like to read up on our handy list of dos and don’ts before your treatment (or perhaps you’ve lost your aftercare leaflet and need a little reminding...) we have the basics for you here.
Of course, if you have any questions or worries, your technician is the best person to ask!
Eyelash Extensions Aftercare
Aftercare for Classic and Russian Lashes
Taking care of your lashes is important, so they stay looking their best for as long as possible. Classic and Russian lashes can last up to 4 weeks (though by this time, most extensions will have fallen with your natural lashes due to your lash cycle).
- Oil-based products are the enemy - avoid them! Oil breaks down adhesive bonds, meaning your lashes won’t last for as long as they should. Lash Perfect offers oil free products such as cleansers, mascaras and eyeliners - you can purchase these from your technician or online.
- Avoid cotton wool at all costs. You don’t want the fluff to get caught up in your lashes (trust us, it’s not a good look!)
- Don’t panic if a few lashes fall in the 24 hours after your treatment - this is completely normal while the adhesive is drying. Just take extra care of your lashes during this time.
- We recommend you return to your technician for an infill appointment every 2 - 3 weeks.
- If you’d like to remove your extensions at any time, you can pop back to see your technician. Removal is super easy and will take no time at all. It’s tempting, but picking your lashes off without professional help is what causes natural lash damage - so don’t do this!
Lash Lift Aftercare
Lash Lift requires very little aftercare - so that’s good for you! Just remember to avoid too much mascara and steam baths/saunas for the first 24 hours, but other than that you can treat your lashes as normal.
We recommend using the Growth and Conditioning Serum to help condition your lashes after the treatment. You can purchase this product from your technician or online.
Eyebrow Treatment Aftercare
Follow the dos and don’ts below to keep your brows on fleek for as long as possible!
Aftercare for Hi Brow Lamination
Following your brow lamination treatment, we recommend that the treatment is repeated every 6-8 weeks, depending on your desired look.
If you have a brow tint as part of the treatment, you can return every 2-4 weeks for a top up treatment and shaping to keep your brows looking perfect.
For optimum results, please follow the below:
- For the first 24 hours after the treatment, brows should be treated with care.
- Avoid getting your brows wet for the first 24 hours. Brow Nourish (the last solution applied in your treatment) should be kept on the hair for this time.
- You can use Hi Brow Growth & Conditioning Serum between appointments to keep brows in the best possible condition.
- After 24 hours, you can treat your brows as you normally would.
Aftercare for Hi Brow Classic
For the first 24 hours after your treatment...
- Avoid applying makeup and tanning products to the brow area, and keep it clean.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated water for 24 hours as this can alter the tint!
Aftercare for Hi Brow Expert
- No rubbing or picking at your brows!
- Avoid water for 24 hours and heat and steam (saunas, sunbeds) and excessive sweating (for example, from exercise) for 48 hours after the treatment. After this period, you can get your brows wet (swimming is fine too!) but you should leave your brows to dry naturally or blot them dry.
- Avoid products containing oil - make sure you check any products you usually use on or around your brow areas for oil.
- You can return to your brow technician for professional removal – this is quick, easy and will not damage your brows. Alternatively, you can allow your brows to naturally fade.
Aftercare for Brow Extensions Only
- Do not brush brows, but gently stroke hairs in place using your fingertips.
- Leave your brows to heal naturally and avoid touching them – this area needs to stay clean and bacteria free.
- Keep your brows dry and out of water for up to 7 – 10 days. If you accidentally get your brows wet, just blot them using a clean tissue and let any excess moisture air dry.
- Makeup should be avoided around the treated area until the brows are completely healed.
- Avoid exposing brows to the sun and avoid sunbeds for one month following the procedure. The use of sunscreen is not recommended until 7 – 10 days after treatment.
- It’s normal for brows to crust over after a few days - after 7 – 10 days the brows may need to be very gently brushed to remove any debris collecting in the brow hairs.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, Jacuzzis or swimming pools for 7 – 10 days.
- Avoid any kind of beauty treatment on the brow area for 14 days.
- Avoid going to the gym or excess sweating during the healing process.
- If you have any issues or concerns, just ask your expect Microblading technician! They will be able to help.